Saturday, July 23, 2011

Joy of Jesus!

Listen to this blog.


“Everything will soon come to an end. So be serious and be sensible enough to pray. Most important of all, you must sincerely love each other, because love wipes away many sins.”

1 Peter 4:7-8

According to the dictionary an apprentice is "someone being trained by a skilled professional in an art, craft, or trade." An apprentice learns by watching the Master work. Like an apprentice, followers of Jesus are allowed to watch Him work in their lives and the lives of others. It is an unparalleled opportunity to become more like Jesus.

Jesus’ love for me as He died on the cross wiped away my sins against God! That is the heart and core of what Jesus came to do. Without that expression of love for me I would still be lost and destined for Hell.

Now, here is the amazing part that we so often miss as Christians. When I sincerely love my brother and forgive his sins against me I can experience the Joy of Jesus as He did that for all of us!

So when your brother sins against you don't become upset and critical. If you do that you will miss the whole point of being an apprentice of Jesus. When your brother sins against you, rejoice and ask how you can sacrifice yourself for him as Jesus did for you!

For the time you have left before everything comes to an end, be "serious and sensible enough to pray" and sacrifice yourself to wipe away the sins of your brothers!

Then each day, as you wait for His return you will look more and more like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment