Monday, July 25, 2011

God is the Guardrail!

Listen to this blog.


“Offer praise to God our Savior because of our Lord Jesus Christ! Only God can keep you from falling and make you pure and joyful in his glorious presence. Before time began and now and forevermore, God is worthy of glory, honor, power, and authority. Amen.”

Jude 1:24-25

I am afraid of heights because I know that if I stand on the edge of a cliff without a guardrail, long enough I will make a misstep and fall. All it takes is one second of inattention and I am tumbling to my destruction! Guardrails are my friend. Without a guardrail I must stay far away from the edge!

In the deeper reality of life itself, God is the guardrail. Without God and His protection and intervention in your life you will fall to your destruction. It is not that most men will fall. The Bible clearly says that "all" have sinned and fallen short of God's Glory.

If you are playing on the edge of life, believing that you will not fall, you are tragically mistaken. Of all the people who have ever lived only one Man has lived this life without sin! All the others fell off of the cliff. That Man is Jesus.

Here is the deal. You can trust yourself and join the rest of fallen humanity for an eternity of suffering, or you can trust Jesus Christ and be lifted to the heights of Heaven forever!

It is the deal of a lifetime, but the second you leave this life, your fate is sealed. And don't forget, since God is the guardrail you can safely lean on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment