Friday, December 16, 2011

Broken Glass!

Listen to this blog.

 

“God has turned my life sour.

He made me eat gravel and rubbed me in the dirt.

I cannot find peace or remember happiness.

I tell myself, “I am finished! I can’t count on the Lord to do anything for me.”

Just thinking of my troubles and my lonely wandering
makes me miserable.

That’s all I ever think about, and I am depressed.

Then I remember something that fills me with hope.

The Lord’s kindness never fails! If he had not been merciful,
we would have been destroyed.

The Lord can always be trusted to show mercy each morning.

Deep in my heart I say, “The Lord is all I need; I can depend on him!”

The Lord is kind to everyone who trusts and obeys him.”

Lamentations 3:15-25

Troubles for men have been going on for thousands of years. These words of the Prophet Jeremiah were written about 2,500 years ago.

Just yesterday I heard a contemporary sufferer say, "Life is like walking on broken glass to your own grave." Those words would have fit in perfectly in the book of Lamentations.

So life goes on, but suffering goes on as well. Life is also a maze with no escape from the broken glass. The march to your grave is without hope until the Trinity of God steps into your life and puts shoes on your feet and guides you through the maze of this life! When you depend on God, He puts His permanent mark on your heart and orders your steps to display His beauty to everyone around you.

If you have wanted God to just walk up to you and say, "Hello, I am God and it is nice to meet you," then remember the many times that He has done just that and you didn't recognize Him. God doesn't come to you with claims of His reality. You would never believe Him if He did. God comes to you with every breath you take and every sunrise you see. God comes every time you feel love.

The next time God comes to you, just reach out to Him and grab His hand. With your hand in the Hand of God, never let go!

No comments:

Post a Comment