Friday, December 2, 2011

No Room for Junk!

Listen to this blog.


But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless. Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:7-11

Almost 40 years ago I paid more than one hundred dollars for an L.E.D. display calculator that today you could purchase at a dollar store for no more than $2.00! I thought it was amazing. I could see it in the dark. It would add, subtract, multiply and divide. The battery life wasn't great but when you needed to do a little math it was wonderful. It was so great that someone stole it when they broke into my house.

If I still had that calculator today it would be considered a worthless piece of junk or simply a children's toy.

Before a man comes to know Jesus there are many things in his life that he thinks are very valuable. Money, fame, position, power and education are a few of the jewels in the crown of those who don't know Jesus. We work hard every day to fill our resumes and bank accounts with things that make us more honored and revered. But once a man meets Jesus Christ all those crowns are thrown down at the feet of Jesus and replaced by a crown of thorns and suffering like the one Jesus wore.

In some "high end" hotel rooms there are small safes where you can put your valuables while you stay at the hotel.

Pretend that today is the day to inventory the valuables in your life. Pull them out and search the Word of God to see if the thing that you treasure is really worthless! Make room in your heart for the real treasure that Jesus has for you everyday and throw out the junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment