Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Love Not a Word!

Listen to this blog.

“We know what love is because Jesus gave his life for us. That’s why we must give our lives for each other. If we have all we need and see one of our own people in need, we must have pity on that person, or else we cannot say we love God.

Children, you show love for others by truly helping them, and not merely by talking about it.”

1 John 3:16-18

Love is not just a word. Love is an act performed for the good of another person. The true meaning of two people being in love is that they both live their lives for the good of the other person. It is more than a "mutual admiration society," it is rather a mutually beneficial lifestyle. If I love you, I fill my life with actions that benefit you. If you love me, you do the same. And since it is more blessed to give than to receive we are both blessed beyond measure.

Love is not a feeling. When you feel love for someone and do not do loving things for that person, there is no evidence of love and your feeling would be judged to be something other than love.

Jesus loves you! That means that Jesus does things for you every day as an expression of His love. Some are ordinary things, but some are extraordinary. The most visible act of love by Jesus of course was the Cross where He literally died for you and for me. But that was not the end of His loving actions. Today, Jesus wants to do for you what you cannot do for yourself. He wants to provide for you in a way that no one else could!

Yes I do know that Jesus loves me because the Bible tells me so, but there is much more to it than that. I know that Jesus loves me because Jesus brings me flowers and makes my coffee in the morning and does a thousand other things that make me know that He loves me!

If you know Jesus then look today for the little acts of love that He does for you! You will find that there are lots of them. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment