Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jesus Moments!

Listen to this blog.

“Christ did not have to offer himself many times. He wasn’t like a high priest who goes into the most holy place each year to offer the blood of an animal.

If he had offered himself every year, he would have suffered many times since the creation of the world. But instead, near the end of time he offered himself once and for all, so that he could be a sacrifice that does away with sin.   We die only once, and then we are judged.

So Christ died only once to take away the sins of many people. But when he comes again, it will not be to take away sin. He will come to save everyone who is waiting for him.”

Hebrews 9:25-28

If Jesus had healed one more person, or one less person while He walked on this earth His mission would not have been changed. When Jesus died on the Cross and then rose to life again He accomplished the purpose for which He came to earth. I am not minimizing the importance of making water into wine or healing the sick and raising the dead, but those displays of God's power were not the central purpose of the incarnation. Jesus was born to die, and to die on the Cross to do away with sin!

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, ask yourself this question. What is the purpose for which God created me? Why was I born and how can I fulfill that purpose that God has for my life?

Of course, God created you to be His child and to live with Him forever. This life is where and how you prepare for eternity. But occasionally as a Christian I see God's specific will for a moment in time. He gives me a word to speak, or a thought to think, or an act of kindness to perform. For me those are "Jesus moments." If I were Jesus I am doing exactly what Jesus would have done as He was led along by His Father!

My goal in this life is for my Jesus moments to become Jesus hours and then Jesus days and finally a Jesus life! A little boy may look a lot like his father, but a grown man can remind everyone of his father all of the time.

"Lord, show me Your plans for my walk with You today. May every step I take, every word I speak and every thought I think be pleasing to You and a blessing to those around me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment