Wednesday, December 21, 2011

His Grace is Still Amazing!

Listen to this blog.


What can we say about all this? If God is on our side, can anyone be against us? God did not keep back his own Son, but he gave him for us. If God did this, won’t he freely give us everything else? If God says his chosen ones are acceptable to him, can anyone bring charges against them? Or can anyone condemn them? No indeed! Christ died and was raised to life, and now he is at God’s right side, speaking to him for us. Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, suffering, and hard times, or hunger and nakedness, or danger and death?

Romans 8:31-35

I don't fly very much but a good friend of mine flies many times a year. I had the blessing of flying with him on a very long journey once and discovered that being with my friend opened all kinds of doors of opportunity at airports around the world. When he said "he's with me" I was ushered in to lots of world class comforts on our trip.

The words "he's with me" are the very ones that Jesus speaks to God about my life. The discussion is not about how badly I have messed up my life. There is no mention of my sin. Jesus simply tells God that I am with Him and the door of Heaven opens to this poor wretch like me!

When I pray the Holy Spirit in me helps me pray as I should and Jesus stands next to God as my advocate.

There was a song many years ago that said, "Jesus is my lawyer in Heaven." Jesus though is a very different lawyer. He doesn't convince the Judge that you didn't do the crime. Jesus confesses the guilt of His client, but reminds the Judge that He has already suffered the penalty for the crime!

Imagine that you go in to your bank to make a payment on your very large loan and the teller says this: "Your debt is paid in full. You need not make any more payments on it." How shocked would you be?

That is what Jesus says when you come to Him and make Him Lord of your life. When you turn your heart over to Jesus He says, "Your debt, created by your sin is paid in full and you need not make any more payments on it!"

That's why hundreds of years ago a slave trader who met Jesus Christ said that His Grace was Amazing. I once was lost but now I'm found was blind, but now I see and His Grace is still Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment