Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trust and Obey!

Listen to this blog.

“I know everything you have done. And I have placed before you an open door that no one can close. You were not very strong, but you obeyed my message and did not deny that you are my followers.

Now you will see what I will do with those people who belong to Satan’s group. They claim to be God’s people, but they are liars. I will make them come and kneel down at your feet. Then they will know that I love you.

You obeyed my message and endured. So I will protect you from the time of testing that everyone in all the world must go through.”

Revelation 3:8-10

It starts when a little boy learns to make a fist and hold his arm up so you can see his muscles. Pride in your own strength is a central flaw in fallen man. All through life itself we compete with other men to find out who is the strongest, best and brightest. Every athletic contest is based on the desire for glory. Try telling the baseball players in the World Series that it is not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.

As a follower of Jesus Christ the victory comes not from your own strength. In fact, the victors are not stronger than the losers. Those that win are more obedient!

There is an old church song that says, "Trust and Obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to Trust and Obey." Do you have faith in Jesus and do you do what He tells you to do? If you have trust in Jesus and obey Him when you hear His voice there is nothing else for which you need to strive.

If you understand perfectly every doctrine of scripture but don't trust Him and obey, you will miss the mark! If you know little of the depths of theology but you trust Jesus and obey His voice, you will hear the words "Well Done!"

"Lord show me one way that I am not trusting You. And show me one thing I need to do to obey You more perfectly. And Lord give me the strength to Trust and Obey You today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment