Saturday, March 23, 2013

Faith Like Enoch

Click here to listen to blog

Enoch had faith and did not die. He pleased God, and God took him up to heaven. This is why his body was never found. But without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and rewards everyone who searches for him.

Hebrews 11:5-6

I have always thought that Enoch was a unique case in the Bible. He was "raptured" by himself and no one ever found his body. The experience of Enoch is what will happen to those who have faith when Jesus returns. God will take us up to heaven and we will not die!

How was Enoch different from other men who had faith in his time? The Bible doesn't say, but this verse implies that Enoch was constantly searching for God. His day must have been a continual, running conversation with God. I'm sure Enoch got away from others to spend time with God, but he must have also sensed the presence of God while he was walking with the crowd.

Make it your goal to please God like Enoch did. Have faith in God, but spend your day searching for Him. Search for God in everything you see, do and hear. Search for God in the good things that happen and in the tragedies. Search for God when you are happy and when sadness overwhelms your heart.

Take only the steps that you believe are pleasing to God and wait patiently for Him to show you the way. Then when you arrive before the Throne of God He may tell you to stand with Enoch as you praise Him forever!

"Lord, I believe in You, but I want to trust You and depend on You more. I want to have faith like Enoch's and I want to search for You as Enoch did. May I please You today in every step I take and every thing I do. In the name of Jesus I ask this. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment