Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Give it to Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

Jesus called his disciples together and told them, “I feel sorry for these people. They have been with me for three days, and they don't have anything to eat. I don't want to send them away hungry. They might faint on their way home.”

His disciples said, “This place is like a desert. Where can we find enough food to feed such a crowd?”

Jesus asked them how much food they had. They replied, “Seven small loaves of bread and a few little fish.”

After Jesus had told the people to sit down, he took the seven loaves of bread and the fish and gave thanks. He then broke them and handed them to his disciples, who passed them around to the crowds.

Everyone ate all they wanted, and the leftovers filled seven large baskets.

Matthew 15:32-37

When you follow Jesus Christ the question is not "Do I have enough to do the job He has called me to do?" That question really is irrelevant.

When you follow the Lord the only thing with which you must concern yourself is this: Have you given what you have to Jesus? It doesn't matter how much you have, it only matters whether or not you have given what you have to Jesus!

I believe Jesus is still in the business of multiplying the "loaves and fishes."

Like a tiny "mustard seed" Jesus takes what you give Him and grows it into a mighty witness for Him! Sometimes He does that so that we can see it happening, but often Jesus will use your witness in ways that are never known to you. One simple act of faith can take hold and become a family tradition that echoes down through the years to those who come after you. There may be multitudes of your descendants who are drawn closer to God because of your dedication to walk with Him yourself.

When you give what you have to Jesus, you can trust Him to multiply it for His glory and to fulfill the needs of others. Your job in the process is simply giving even the smallest thing that you have to Him.

"Lord Jesus, I am poor and weak and I don't have many "loaves and fishes." But I give what I have to You and trust that You will multiply it. Lord, I have been trying to multiply it myself instead of just giving it to You. So here it is Lord. Take it and do with it as You will. And may You be glorified forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment