Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Delivered by God!

Click here to listen to blog

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;

he delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to him are radiant;

their faces are never covered with shame.

This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;

he saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,

and he delivers them.

Psalm 34:4-7

On August 19, 1972 I read these verses to my wife as she was in the hard part of labor pains before our first child was born.

We knew it was time for the baby to be born, but the labor pains were not all that great yet. I filled out the papers at the hospital while they took Linda up to the baby department. When I got off of the elevator I heard the screaming, and I felt sorry for "that poor woman" until they showed me to the door and I realized that those sounds of desperation and pain came from Linda!

In all of my first 25 years, that was the most distressing moment of my life. I don't know if I had the Bible with me or if I picked up a Gideon edition in the room, but Psalm 34 is what I read. I especially remember reading verse six over and over again. "This poor man called, and The Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles."

In a little while my desperation turned to joy as we welcomed Lori into this world.

I know you have a special story of God's Word speaking to you in a time like that. I just want to remind you that it is good to remember how God spoke and delivered you when you needed Him the most.

Remember what God did when He parted the waters of your Red Sea as you continue on your journey to the Promised Land!

"Lord, I thank You again that You were there when I needed You the most. And I thank You Lord that You will be there when I need you today. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment