Friday, April 5, 2013

The Proposal

Click here to listen to blog

Then I heard what seemed to be a large crowd that sounded like a roaring flood and loud thunder all mixed together. They were saying,

“Praise the Lord!

Our Lord God All-Powerful

now rules as king.

So we will be glad and happy

and give him praise.

The wedding day of the Lamb

is here,

and his bride is ready.

She will be given

a wedding dress

made of pure

and shining linen.

This linen stands for

the good things

God's people have done.”

Then the angel told me, “Put this in writing. God will bless everyone who is invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.” The angel also said, “These things God has said are true.”

Revelation 19:6-9

If you are the bride or the groom a wedding is never uneventful or ordinary. For the bride and groom that day changes everything in their lives. I remember the first time I introduced Linda as "my wife." It was like lightning struck and the thunder rolled. I now had a wife and everything in my life revolved around that truth. It was then that we both began learning the mystery of two becoming one!

We may think a lot about Heaven and going there when we leave this earth. But what will it mean to be the "Bride of Christ?" Really it is difficult to even think about what that may mean. I think being the "Bride of Christ" quickly gets into the realm of "too wonderful" to even try to explain.

But you can be sure that your wildest imaginations of how wonderful it will be will not even begin to approach the eternal joy, peace and fulfillment of that relationship.

The Proposal that Jesus has made to you and to me is that we give up the world and its sin and death and be united with Him in Eternal Glory! Any man or woman who clearly sees what Jesus is offering would be a fool not to accept it.

"Lord Jesus, I say yes to Your proposal that I be with You forever, and look longingly to that day when I will sit with You at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. May You always be glorified and praised. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment