Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tell Me the Story!

Click here to listen to blog

When your people worshiped,

you know I told them,

“Our Lord always helps!”

When all your people met,

I did not keep silent.

I said, “Our Lord is kind.

He is faithful and caring,

and he saves us.”

You, Lord, never fail

to have pity on me;

your love and faithfulness

always keep me secure.

Psalm 40:9-11

When you worship with the people of God do you tell them about the love of God in your life? Where would you be today without God? You have a story about God's love that no one else can tell. When you tell that story to others you are encouraging the saved to come closer to Jesus and the lost to turn their hearts toward the Lord.

When I was seven years old I remember looking up at the sky and suddenly realizing that God desired that I live my life for Him. I didn't know what that would mean, but from that day on I let my heart go toward Jesus. That was almost sixty years ago, and of course there have been stumbles along the way, but Jesus has been the direction of my life ever since that day. I can truthfully say that every major decision in my life since then has been made with the "what would Jesus want me to do" element.

Look back at your life whether it has been sixty years or six and see how God has shown His love to you. Things don't "just happen" in a life that is called by God. Even if you ignored it at the time, when did you first hear the Lord calling you to follow Him? How long has Jesus been trying to get your attention and wanting you to leave everything else and follow Him?

If you have already given your heart to Jesus, then rehearse your story so you can encourage other believers and call sinners to turn to Jesus after hearing how God loves you.

My strength comes from Jesus. My life comes from Him. My sins are wiped away because of Him and my future is secure because He will come and take me to Heaven.

Remember, if you have everything else in the world but don't have Jesus, you have nothing. And if you have nothing in this world, but you do have Jesus, you have everything!

"Jesus, You are all I need in this world. Living with You in my heart and Your Holy Spirit guiding my steps I can only be at peace and filled with joy no matter what happens to me or around me. Give me another opportunity  to tell my story about You today. And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment