Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Race!

Click here to listen to blog

I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that once again you renewed your care for me.You were, in fact, concerned about me but lacked the opportunity ⌊to show it⌋.  I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.   I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret ⌊of being content⌋ — whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need.   I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:10-13

Those of us who live in and were born in the United States were taught to be independent and self reliant. We count it virtuous if a man works hard and takes care of his own as he "carries his own load!" We are even tempted to pity someone who must depend on others for food, clothing and a place to live.

Now don't misunderstand, it is a good thing to work hard and take care of yourself and others. But we may then be tempted to believe that we don't need to depend on anyone, even God Himself! Now that is foolish.

There is a now 70 year old man who for more than 30 years has been pushing his disabled son in races, even marathons. The son, Rick Hoyt says that when he is racing he forgets about his disability. My Father, God has pushed me in the race of life for more 60 years. When He does I also forget about my disability.

If you are trying to compete in this life with your own strength, you will never even finish the race, much less win the prize. It is only when you let God push, pull, or carry you through the race of this life that your victory is assured.

"Dear Lord, may You be the power for this day as I run the course set out before me. Thank You Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment