Thursday, April 4, 2013

Trust and Obey

Click here to listen to blog

My children, I am writing this so you won't sin. But if you do sin, Jesus Christ always does the right thing, and he will speak to the Father for us. Christ is the sacrifice that takes away our sins and the sins of all the world's people.

When we obey God, we are sure we know him. But if we claim to know him and don't obey him, we are lying and the truth isn't in our hearts.  We truly love God only when we obey him as we should, and then we know we belong to him.  If we say we are his, we must follow the example of Christ.

I John 2:1-6

The year was 1887 when a man named John Sammis wrote the Christian Hymn "Trust and Obey." The story is that a young man stood up and testified after a Dwight L. Moody preaching service and said that he didn't know much about Christian doctrine, but one thing he was going to do and that was to TRUST AND OBEY! A man jotted those three words down on a piece of paper and later gave it to John Sammis who wrote the words to the song.

Trusting God brings peace to your heart, but obeying God is the blessed business of life. Obedience waters the rose of trust and keeps it alive! Without obedience your trust will quickly morph into simple belief and then belief will fade and ultimately die.

Obedience is the proof to our hearts that we do know God. When I love my enemies it is witness to my own heart that I do know Jesus and am His child. Without Jesus I could not love those who are my enemies.

When I obey God I am walking in true love. Loving God is bound up in obedience.

"Lord Jesus, show me today one step of obedience that I have not seen or have refused to take. And Lord, may I have the courage and determination to obey You and take that step today. Help me to walk with You today in the light of Your Word as I Trust and Obey. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment