Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vocabulary of Heaven!

Click here to listen to blog

I have much more to say to you, but right now it would be more than you could understand.  The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen.  The Spirit will bring glory to me by taking my message and telling it to you.

John 16:12-14

Have you thought about the fact that there are things that Jesus would like to tell you, but right now it would be more than you could understand? Understanding anything comes only when you understand the individual words that are spoken and their meanings and then are able to let their relationships in the sentence reveal the idea or concept that is new. It really is quite simple and profound at the same time.

If you don't know the definition of the words "cat" and "dog" you cannot understand the sentence "The dog chased the cat." So without your basic and elementary knowledge of words and their meanings you cannot understand the important and complicated concepts needed as an adult.

Why can I not understand the things that Jesus wants to tell me? It may be because I have not spent enough time learning the basics of the Christian life. Perhaps I have not practiced a daily yielding to the Holy Spirit in every choice with which I am confronted. Maybe I have spent my time memorizing Scripture instead of putting it into practice! I know that I must love my enemies but perhaps I have not yet actually loved them.

If you want to know more of what Jesus would like to tell you, then spend time expanding your Spiritual Vocabulary. Walk over and over today in the simple concepts. Learn the meanings of all the words, so that when Jesus puts them together you will be able to understand.

"Lord, help me to learn all the Words of Heaven so that my heart is ready to understand everything You say! I desire to know the "full truth" and You, Lord are the only way I can learn it. Thank You Lord Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment