Saturday, May 10, 2014

Asking For Things You Already Have!

Click here to listen to blog

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”

Jesus replied:

Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father? Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things.

Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do.  I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father. Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.  I will do whatever you ask me to do.

John 14:8-14

Phillip asked for the thing that he already had.  Phillip wanted to see God while he was standing face to face with Jesus.  Jesus answered Phillip by letting him know that he already had that which he was asking for!

I think we often pray for things that we already have been given by Jesus.  If you are a follower of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is living in your heart, how can you say you need more peace, or joy, or love and comfort?  All those things and more are dwelling in you through the Holy Spirit in abundance.  The Holy Spirit not only provides direction for your life, but also all the provisions for the earthly part of your journey to Eternity.

Jesus plainly said it with the Words "I Am with you always!"  With the Holy Spirit in your heart, when you need peace, it is there for you to grasp.  When you need joy, He has all you need.  When you need comfort you can be sure that the "Comforter" will have all you need and more at your disposal!

"Lord Jesus, thank You for reminding me again that everything I need, You have.  Thank You for living in my heart through the Holy Spirit.  Knowing You Jesus is all I ask and all I could ever need!  May You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment