Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Eternal Love Story!

Can anything separate us from the love of Christ? Can trouble, suffering, and hard times, or hunger and nakedness, or danger and death?  It is exactly as the Scriptures say,

“For you we face death

all day long.

We are like sheep

on their way

to be butchered.”

In everything we have won more than a victory because of Christ who loves us.  I am sure that nothing can separate us from God's love—not life or death, not angels or spirits, not the present or the future,  and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in all creation can separate us from God's love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!

Romans 8:35-39

If you are a child of God you will never ever be separated from the Love of Christ!  When I am with the one who loves me and the One I love in return wonderful and indescribable things happen.  The One who loves me knows me like no one else.  The One who loves me knows my strengths and weaknesses. Jesus knows what makes me happy and He knows the things that make me sad.  Jesus knows my favorite color and He knows when I sit and look at and admire the mural in the sky that He paints twice a day! 

Jesus knows my every longing and He loves to just sit quietly with me and feel the pulse of my heart as I lean on Him.  I love the thought that Jesus not only leads me through this life, but that He takes my hand and leads me on from day to day!

There are people who "join a church" and confess that they believe in Jesus just to avoid the fires of Hell.  But oh the JOY when one sweet day they discover that Jesus is real, and really loves them like no one ever could.  They step into an Eternal Love Story that began in the heart of God and will end . . . .it will never end!

As I walk through these final days of the time God has allotted me on earth I feel again like that 21 year old young man waiting for my bride to come down the isle to join me for a life of wonder, joy and adventure together.  Every day of that "Heaven on Earth" experience reminds me of "Eternity in Heaven" that is sure to come. 

"Lord Jesus, I look to the sky today and long for Your return.  And if there is a tomorrow I will look to the sky again with great expectation.  What a day that will be when You come back and take me to be with You forever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment