Friday, August 8, 2014

The Lord Hates Lies!

 

Click here to listen to blog

When your ancestors made me angry, I decided to punish you with disasters, and I didn't hold back.  Now you no longer need to be afraid. I have decided to treat Jerusalem and Judah with kindness.   But you must be truthful with each other, and in court you must give fair decisions that lead to peace.  Don't ever plan evil things against others or tell lies under oath. I, the Lord, hate such things.

Zechariah 8:14-17

I remember when lying was a very bad thing!  Truth was the "life-blood" of liberty, peace, and security in the country where I live.  When a man or woman was found out to be a liar the social consequences were pretty severe.  Having a reputation as a "truth teller" was extremely valuable.  But sadly, things have changed dramatically. Today, lying is part of the normal course of life for many, if not most people.

God hates lying, but in our rush to rebel against God we have made lying a norm in the Western world.  That Bible says that Satan is the father of lies, so those who would live their lives according to Satan's rules would naturally tell lies!

Remember, even a "little white lie" is still part of the "kingdom of Satan" and is not appropriate in the "kingdom of God!"  Telling the truth is not just a good thing, it is essential if you are a follower of Jesus Christ!  Watch everything you say today to make sure that you are not being used by Satan!  There are consequences for not telling the truth!

"Lord Jesus, I know that You hate lies.  Help me today to cling on to the truth in everything I think and say.  May there be no room in my heart for lies!  Praise Your name forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment