Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Day that Begins Forever!


 
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!”  Everyone who hears this should say, “Come!” If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It's free!  Here is my warning for everyone who hears the prophecies in this book:  If you add anything to them, God will make you suffer all the terrible troubles written in this book.   If you take anything away from these prophecies, God will not let you have part in the life-giving tree and in the holy city described in this book.   The one who has spoken these things says, “I am coming soon!”  So, Lord Jesus, please come soon!   I pray that the Lord Jesus will be kind to all of you.
Revelation 22:17-21
 

Those are the final five verses in the Bible!  The last Word we have from Jesus is "I am coming soon!"  Those Words were written about 2000 years ago but they are as fresh and new as today's sunrise.  John responded to the promise Jesus made to come soon by saying, "Lord Jesus, please come soon!"  And then the final verse of the Bible was John's prayer when he said, "I pray that the Lord Jesus will be kind to all of you."
We remember "last words" of those we love.  The last word I heard my earthly father speak was on a phone call shortly before he died.  He simply said, "Don't forget me."  Almost 24 years ago when my sixteen year old daughter died after a car accident the last thing I heard her say was "I just want to go to sleep and if I don't wake up it's OK!"  When I leave home even for a short trip to town I try to always remember to tell my wife that I love her!  Then if something were to happen to me while I was gone that would be my last word to her.

Again don't forget that the last Word from Jesus was "I am coming soon!"  That was not an empty promise that will never be kept.  Jesus will come and today we are 2000 years closer to the time of His return than when He spoke those Words!

A thousand years to the Lord is the same as a day, so it has only been two short days since Jesus made the promise to return soon.  Jesus never tells a lie, so it would be wise to watch the sky today because this may be the Day that begins forever!

"Lord Jesus, the Day You come will surely be an ordinary day until You change it forever by coming back with the clouds!  Help me to keep my eyes to the sky today and be ready for Your soon return.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment