Saturday, September 26, 2015

Road Back to Unbelief!


Click here to listen to blog 

Turn to the LordHe can still be found.  Call out to God! He is near.  Give up your evil ways and your evil thoughts.  Return to the Lord our God.He will be merciful and forgive your sins.   The Lord says: “My thoughts and my ways are not like yours.   Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours.  “Rain and snow fall from the sky.  But they don't return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat.   That's how it is with my words.  They don't return to me without doing everything I send them to do.”

Isaiah 55:6-11

The power of God's Words is truly amazing! When God says something, it is as good as done. We read in the Bible that God "spoke" the world into existence. The actions of God are fully integrated with His Words.

Human beings have the serious problem of acting in ways that don't match our words. There is a sometimes fatal disconnect between what we say and what we do! The most common reference to this problem is when we say someone doesn't "practice" what he preaches.

God is all about truth, in fact Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life." The Word of God gives witness to truth. When God speaks a Word, it is something that is TRUE because God is TRUE. That is why you can trust the promises of God in the Bible. All that is real in all the universe conforms to the Word of God.

Someone once said, "God said it, I believe it and that settles it." But the truth is this: "God said it and that settles it whether I believe it or not!"

When you hear God speak and you question whether or not the thing that God said is true, you are taking the first step on the road back to unbelief. It is what Adam and Eve did in the Garden!

"Lord Jesus, I proclaim again today that every Word You speak is TRUE and cannot be otherwise. Give me the strength and wisdom to hold on to all that You have said, now and forever. Praise Your Holy Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment