Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Rainbow - Beautiful or Ominous?


Click here to listen to blog.

 Again, God said to Noah and his sons:  I am going to make a solemn promise to you and to everyone who will live after you.  This includes the birds and the animals that came out of the boat.   I promise every living creature that the earth and those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood.    The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever.  When I send clouds over the earth, and a rainbow appears in the sky,  I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures. Never again will I let floodwaters destroy all life.   When I see the rainbow in the sky, I will always remember the promise that I have made to every living creature.   The rainbow will be the sign of that solemn promise.
Genesis 9:8-17

You may have seen the pictures of the rainbow which appears to end at the new World Trade Center building in New York City.  It was the evening before the 14th anniversary of the 911 attack on the World Trade Center buildings, which brought them both to the ground and killed three thousand people.  The pictures are "beautiful" but what is the message?  The rainbow was a sign from God when He promised that He would never again destroy the whole earth by flood!  It was not a sign that He would never again destroy the earth!  The rainbow simply ruled out a flood as God's method for the next time men are wiped out. 

A little more than two months earlier the tower on top of the new World Trade Center was lit in "rainbow" colors to honor the ruling by the United States Supreme Court which recognized the legitimacy of gay marriage.  That was also the time when the White House in Washington DC was bathed in rainbow colored lights. 

So was the rainbow's appearance above the new World Trade Center a sign of God's blessing on America or a sign of ominous warning?  When Sodom and Gomorrah embraced all forms of homosexual behavior the response of God was to bring fiery judgment on the towns.  Has God changed?  Are we now able to spit in God's face and have no response from the Almighty? 

I cannot say how God will respond to a nation that is determined to establish it's laws contrary to the will of God, but I know for certain that He will respond! 

"Lord Jesus, help me today to be ready for Your return and to be ready to stand strong in You until You do return!  May Your Name be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment