Friday, September 18, 2015

The Rest is Easy!


Click here to listen to blog! 
Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on him. God alone is the mighty rock that keeps me safe, and he is the fortress where I feel secure. God saves me and honors me. He is that mighty rock where I find safety.  Trust God, my friends, and always tell him each of your concerns.  God is our place of safety.

Psalm 62:5-8


He delivered the messages with a loud voice and always brought conviction to my heart about my need to be closer to the Lord. More than 40 years ago I listened to his sermons and I still remember one simple and yet very profound statement. He said: "After you believe the rest is easy!"

Every difficulty I have ever had in my Christian walk always was the result of even a brief moment of "unbelief!" When I question what God has said, then I like Adam and Eve reach out to taste the forbidden fruit!

But when I believe, I am empowered by the Holy Spirit to stand strong no matter what the temptation. Trusting in God always enables me to walk on water no matter how strong the storm or rough the sea!

My job is not to battle Satan and the forces of Hell, it is rather to believe that Jesus on the Cross defeated them all and to stand firm in that faith! When I do that I can be at peace and never shaken by the rough seas of life! Then I can truly "rest" as I walk with Jesus for the rest of my time on this earth!

"Lord Jesus, I choose again today to believe that You are the one who defeated Satan and that I am called to trust in You with all my heart! You are my only hope for all of Eternity. May I "rest" in You for the rest of my life! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment