Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Remodeling Heaven!



Click here to listen to blog. 

Jesus said to his disciples, “Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me.   There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you.   After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together. 

John 14:1-3

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ never forget that He has been getting a place ready for you in Heaven!  Some people are very gifted in remodeling old houses to make them  beautiful and simply perfect for their new residents.  I suppose it is appropriate that Jesus learned the trade of carpentry while living here on earth and then has been getting our places to live ready for the past 2000 years!

If you were to image the perfect place for you with everything you ever dreamed it could have, you need to know that what Jesus is preparing for you is many, many times better than that!  I am confident that when I see what He has prepared for me I will fall down at His feet and cry out "OH MY GOD!"   How will you respond when you see your new place for the first time?

Is it alright to tell Jesus what you would like in your place in Heaven?  Well of course it is.  My list might include: I like to look at mountains through my front window and I love to sit in front of a fireplace and stay toasty warm.  I love the clean and clear air after a spring rain and I do like a place that is quiet except for whatever sounds I could hear from the throne room of God!

So be sure and remember that Jesus, the Master Carpenter is preparing a room for you in Heaven!  And when He is ready He will come and get you and take you to be with Him forever!

"Lord Jesus, thank You for spending these last 2000 years getting a place ready for me in Heaven.  I do hope You come soon and take me there!  May You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment