Sunday, August 19, 2018

Laughing at Jesus!


While Jesus was still speaking, an official came and knelt in front of him. The man said, "My daughter has just now died! Please come and place your hand on her. Then she will live again."  Jesus and his disciples got up and went with the man.

When Jesus went into the home of the official and saw the musicians and the crowd of mourners, he said, "Get out of here! The little girl isn't dead. She is just asleep." Everyone started laughing at Jesus.  But after the crowd had been sent out of the house, Jesus went to the girl's bedside. He took her by the hand and helped her up.


Matthew 9: 18-19 & 23-25

More than 25 years ago I was the man whose daughter had "just died!"  My 16 year old daughter had been in an accident.  She died on the operating table while surgeons were trying to save her life.  I believed then and still do believe that my daughter is alive and well with Jesus.  But my daughter did not live again here on this earth.

Jesus got to the house of the man whose daughter had died.  He sent away the people who were there mourning her death.  Jesus told them that the little girl wasn't dead, but was asleep!  Then they laughed at Jesus!

I don't remember laughing at anything Jesus said.  At least, I never laughed out loud at the Words of Jesus.  But I am sure that I have laughed on the inside at the Words of Jesus that I knew were "not true" or at least were impossible!  How could I "go into all the world and preach the Gospel to everyone?"  How could I "be perfect as He is perfect?"    Jesus spoke Words that were not humanly possible.  Some people hear the Words of Jesus and don't believe that Jesus is Himself God in the flesh. They must think that He was not in His right mind!

As you mature in Christ, you will learn to trust what Jesus says, even if it makes no sense at all!  All your five senses may tell you one thing.  But when the Word of Jesus contradicts everything you see, hear, smell, taste or touch, He is right!  Trust Him now and trust Him forever!  You will never go wrong when you believe the Word of Jesus!

"Lord Jesus, help me Lord to believe every Word that comes from You even when all my senses tell me something else.  Praise Your Holy and Blessed Name now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment