Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Lord, What Are We Doing Today?



Click here to listen to blog

Timothy, my child, Christ Jesus is kind, and you must let him make you strong.  You have often heard me teach. Now I want you to tell these same things to followers who can be trusted to tell others.  As a good soldier of Christ Jesus you must endure your share of suffering.  Soldiers on duty don't work at outside jobs. They try only to please their commanding officer.

2 Timothy 2: 1 - 4

When someone asks you the question “What do you do for a living” the answer should always be “I try to please Jesus Christ.”  That should be the primary goal of your life!  When Jesus is pleased with your life, nothing else matters.  When Jesus is not happy with the way you are living you have a serious problem.  

My wife has a calendar that keeps a schedule of our commitments.  I often ask her in the morning, “What are we doing today?”  That is the best question to ask the Lord after you wake and are preparing for your day.


“Lord, what are we doing today?  Paul told Timothy to let You make him strong.  I am weak Lord.  Make me strong and able to do Your will today.  May I be the one You use today to do what You desire!  Praise Your Holy and Precious Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment