Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Sitting on the Throne With Jesus


I correct and punish everyone I love. So make up your minds to turn away from your sins.  Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.  Everyone who wins the victory will sit with me on my throne, just as I won the victory and sat with my Father on his throne.  If you have ears, listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.

Revelation 3: 19 - 22

What will it be like to sit with Jesus on His throne?  I don’t think I have ever heard anyone talk about that.  We know that we will stand before Jesus’ throne and praise Him forever.  But what does it mean that we will “sit with Him” on His throne?

The picture that comes to my mind is that of a child who is sitting on the lap of his father.  Some businesses have a “Bring Your Child to Work” day so that fathers and mothers can let their children see exactly what their parents do at work.

I think Jesus does the same thing when He let’s us sit on His throne!  We will be able to see Eternity itself through the eyes of Jesus.  

We will also worship Him forever and fall down before Him.  But there will be that special part of Eternity while we sit with Jesus on His throne.  Image when Jesus will reach out His Hand to you and pull you up on His throne with Him!  


“Lord Jesus, there is so much about You that we have never even imagined.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment