Friday, August 3, 2018

One Person With Jesus


God will raise us from death by the same power that he used when he raised our Lord to life.  Don't you know that your bodies are part of the body of Christ? Is it right for me to join part of the body of Christ to a prostitute? No, it isn't!  Don't you know that a man who does that becomes part of her body? The Scriptures say, "The two of them will be like one person."  But anyone who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit with him.

1 Corinthians 6: 14 - 17

These verses teach that sexual immorality is wrong and should be avoided.  But there is a glorious truth here that we often overlook.  A man who joins his body with a prostitute becomes one person with her, a man or woman who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit with Him!  As it says, “The two of them will be like one person!”

When you give your heart to Jesus, God fills you with His Spirit, then you and Jesus become like one person!  The Bible says that Jesus is always “with you,” but it also says that Christ is “in you.”  And it says that He is your hope of Glory!

So the question I must ask each day is this: Not what Jesus wants me to do, but rather what does Jesus want to do through me today!  If I am joined to the Lord, the two of us are like one person!  That is why I can’t take the credit for doing good things.  The good that I do is Jesus working through me.  He often shows me to put my hand to a plow that is too hard for me to push.  I must realize that He never intended for me to use my strength to do it!

Your job is to willingly be His hands, feet, ears, and mouth ready for Him to use today.  Don’t forget that when you are weak, He is strong!


“Lord Jesus, what an amazing truth to know that You want me to be like one person with You.  May I see that again today.  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment