Saturday, August 18, 2018

Touch the Leper






Click here to listen to Blog

As Jesus came down the mountain, he was followed by large crowds.  Suddenly a man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus. He said, "Lord, you have the power to make me well, if only you wanted to."  Jesus put his hand on the man and said, "I want to! Now you are well." At once the man's leprosy disappeared.

Matthew 8: 1 - 3

Suddenly a man stood in front of me and stuck out what was left of his hand while asking for money.  Even though I was a follower of Jesus at the time, I didn’t follow Jesus in the way I responded to this man with leprosy.

I put my hand in my pocket and got some money, giving it to him as quickly as I could while hoping he would go away.  I did not touch him!

I was a young man at the time and now I am old.  But I still wonder what would have happened if I had reached out and touched the man instead of trying to get rid of him.  I will never know on this earth.

There are two significant things about this story in Matthew 8.  First, of course is that Jesus healed the man of his leprosy.  Second, Jesus put his hand on the man!  He touched him!

The lesson for me is profound.  I want to see the power of God work through me in the lives of others.  So I must speak the Word of God to them and be willing to “touch the leper!”  Touching a person who is filthy and diseased takes more faith than speaking to them!  

So determine today, to put your hand on the man you are telling about Jesus, even if he is a leper!  That is what Jesus did and He wants us to be like Him!




“Lord Jesus, give me the courage to touch other people with Your love, even when I don’t want to let You love them through me!  Praise Your Holy and Precious Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment