Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Birds of Pray!

“And when starving young ravens cry out to me for food, do you satisfy their hunger?

Job 38:41

God grilled Job with lots of questions beyond his ability to answer. Job was literally speechless in the face of questions like “how big is the earth?”

Then in Job 38:41 God asks a question that reveals something very special about God Himself. God hears the cry of starving young ravens and the implication of the verse is that He feeds them!

God has a bird feeder!

My wife loves to feed the birds outside of our kitchen window. Somehow I have never really considered bird feeding as a part of our “Christ-likeness.” But Linda will give me a big “I TOLD YOU SO” when I read this to her.

There is a much more serious truth imbedded in this verse. God not only feeds birds, but He hears their cry for help. God listens to the prayers of starving young ravens! So where does that put my prayer on God’s priority list?

Have you ever heard someone say, “God is not concerned with the small things in your life?”

If God hears and responds to the prayer of a starving young raven He will hear and answer you!

The next time you hear birds making a lot of noise listen carefully because the birds may be “BIRDS OF PRAY!”

No comments:

Post a Comment