Friday, September 28, 2012

Choose His Pleasure!

Click here to listen to blog.

Michael, the chief of the angels, is the protector of your people, and he will come at a time of terrible suffering, the worst in all of history. And your people who have their names written in The Book will be protected.  Many of those who lie dead in the ground will rise from death. Some of them will be given eternal life, and others will receive nothing but eternal shame and disgrace.

Everyone who has been wise will shine as bright as the sky above, and everyone who has led others to please God will shine forever like the stars.

Daniel 12:1-3

When is the last time you encouraged someone to please God? Somehow we have morphed the Gospel into a message that focuses on my sins being forgiven and my eternal pleasure as I avoid the fires of Hell and live in Heavenly bliss forever. We forget the reality that my eternal satisfaction comes when I bring pleasure to the Eternal Creator of everything there is! We are the only part of God's Creation that has been given the privilege of choosing to please Him.

If you cannot remember the last time you did something that brought a smile to the face of God, then do something today that will make Him happy and will please Him.

Even as Jesus said, "It is better to give than to receive." Giving God praise and glory and living my life to please Him is better than the reward I will receive later. That is how we can touch the pinnacle of peace and joy here on this earth. When a man or woman gives Jesus everything they touch the amazing essence of the joy of Jesus!

"Lord, show me how to please You today. May my every thought, word and action meet with Your approval today and forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment