Monday, September 17, 2012

They Saw God!

Click here to listen to blog

Moses and Aaron, together with Nadab and Abihu and the 70 leaders, went up the mountain and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something that looked like a pavement made out of sapphire, and it was as bright as the sky.

Even though these leaders of Israel saw God, he did not punish them. So they ate and drank.

Exodus 24:9-11

Moses, Aaron and 72 other men went up on the mountain and saw God! I frankly, don't ever remember hearing a sermon or even a class discussion of these verses. I think the most interesting part of this description is that the blue color of the pavement under God's feet is specifically mentioned.

I know I have read these verses before, but it must have been hurriedly as I saw the story of Moses on the mountain coming up in the next paragraph.

For whatever reason I ignored this story about God standing on blue pavement.

I think we all often see God and don't recognize Him. He is right there in front of us and we look past Him and ignore His presence. The heavens declare His Glory and everywhere in nature we see His handiwork. When we look at the blue sky above we see what may be the pavement beneath His feet.

"Lord, open my eyes that I may see You today. Help me not to ignore Your Glorious presence in this world. Let me see You in places where I have never seen You before. And may You Lord be Glorified Forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment