Saturday, September 29, 2012

Think About God!

Click here to listen to blog

As long as I live,
I will pray to you.

I will sing joyful praises
and be filled with excitement
like a guest at a banquet.

I think about you, God,
before I go to sleep,
and my thoughts turn to you
during the night.

You have helped me,
and I sing happy songs
in the shadow of your wings.

I stay close to you,
and your powerful arm
supports me.

Psalm 63:4-8

When do you think about God? Do you only consider God when you are in need of something that is beyond your own ability to provide? Is God your insurance policy? Is He the "big brother" or "rich uncle" in your life? Is God "Plan B" so that if all else fails you can always turn back to Him?

Or is God the one you think about as you close your eyes to go to sleep at night? Do you ponder that while you sleep God is wide awake and watching over you? Do you ask God to let your dreams be thoughts that will draw you closer to Him?

And when you are awake are you standing in the shadow of His wings singing happy songs? Are you supported by the powerful arm of God? Are you staying close to Him?

All those things are the best preparations for the storms that are coming on the world. Jesus is the shelter in the time of storm.

"Lord, fill my mind with thoughts of You when I am awake and when I am asleep. Hold me tightly in Your arms and keep me close to You always! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment