Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mark Me Lord!

Click here to listen to blog

All people were forced to put a mark on their right hand or forehead. Whether they were powerful or weak, rich or poor, free people or slaves, they all had to have this mark, or else they could not buy or sell anything. This mark stood for the name of the beast and for the number of its name.

You need wisdom to understand the number of the beast! But if you are smart enough, you can figure this out. Its number is 666, and it stands for a person.

Revelation 13:16-18

Has anyone figured out the significance of the number 666 and the person for whom it stands? For more than 50 years I have wondered and yes prayed for the wisdom to know what that number means. But God has answered that prayer with resounding silence. It is a mystery and one that is not easily solved. Thus far I don't know the answer or anyone who does know it.

My job is to make sure that I do not receive the mark on my right hand or forehead. The best way to do that is to avoid any and all "marks" that are placed or implanted on my hand or on my forehead. The threat will be that I will not be able to buy or sell without it. That means I will have to have the ability to live without being a part of the official economy. It sounds to me that to avoid the "Mark" I will need to be somewhat of a self-sufficient survivalist.

If the weather man predicted a blizzard or hurricane for your area you would make preparations to weather the storm. From many people, in many places predictions of an economic storm are pouring in. If terrible times do come to the earth, it will be very tempting to receive a mark on your hand or on your head so you can continue to eat.

"Lord, put Your mark on my hand and on my forehead. Put your mark everywhere on me. Help me to trust You for whatever I need each day and for everything I need for as long as I live on this earth. Amen."

1 comment: