Friday, September 7, 2012

Hiding Place!

You are my hiding place!
You protect me from trouble,
and you put songs in my heart
because you have saved me.

You said to me,
“I will point out the road
that you should follow.
I will be your teacher
and watch over you.

Don't be stupid
like horses and mules
that must be led with ropes
to make them obey.”

All kinds of troubles
will strike the wicked,
but your kindness shields those
who trust you, [Lord].

Psalm 32:7-10

If you live in an area where tornadoes are common wisdom would dictate that you find a place to hide from the storm when it comes. It is important that you know where to hide before the tornado comes, because when it does you may have only a few seconds to find a place of safety.

The storms in life itself are very often like a tornado. They may come without warning and in seconds destroy everything you hold dear. A tornado in your life can blow away everything and leave you with only the clothes on your back.

The bad news is that if you live on this earth you will experience storms that will literally shake your world. But the Good News is: Jesus is the place to hide in a storm! An old song says, "Safe in the arms of Jesus. Safe on His gentle breast!"

When you have a "safe room" you can run to it when the storm comes. But if you rest in the arms of Jesus you are already there when the turmoil explodes.

"Lord, I choose to leave my safe room in this world and rest in the safety of Your arms. While others are running from place to place trying to find where to go in the storms of this life I am resting in Your love! And Lord, how marvelous it is that in the rest and peace of Your arms there is room for everyone! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment