Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little is Big!

Click here to listen to blog

King Agrippa, one day I was on my way to Damascus with the authority and permission of the chief priests.  About noon I saw a light brighter than the sun. It flashed from heaven on me and on everyone traveling with me.

We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice say to me in Aramaic,  “Saul, Saul, why are you so cruel to me? It's foolish to fight against me!”

“Who are you?” I asked.
Then the Lord answered, “I am Jesus! I am the one you are so cruel to.

Now stand up. I have appeared to you, because I have chosen you to be my servant. You are to tell others what you have learned about me and what I will show you later.”

The Lord also said, “I will protect you from the Jews and from the Gentiles that I am sending you to.

I want you to open their eyes, so they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people.”

Acts 26:12-18

One amazing fact about the power of the Blood of Jesus Christ is that no man has ever turned to Jesus in faith and was rejected because his sins were too great! The most evil and disgusting person who ever lived can be forgiven and changed into the image of Christ Himself when he believes!

However it is also true that no sinner has sins that are so small that he does not need the sacrifice of Jesus to be converted. The fundamental truth is that no matter how big or small your sins, you need Jesus Christ and His sacrifice to wash you clean before God.

You cannot avoid Hell by successfully changing yourself from a big sinner into a small sinner. Since the first man and woman rebelled against God all men are born with a nature that is attracted to sin. You can give in to every temptation or fight mightily against them all, but you will still be by nature a sinner and you will sin.

The Good News is that when you give your heart to Jesus Christ, confess His Name and die to this world, you come out of the grave just like Jesus did on the third day. You become a new man or woman and are empowered by the Holy Spirit to live even as Jesus did on this earth! By faith in Jesus you become part of God's Holy people!

"Thank You Lord that because of my faith in Jesus Christ I am part of Your Holy people. And Lord, thank You for the Blood of Jesus that paid the price for all of my sin. Amen."

1 comment: