Friday, September 14, 2012

No One Can Open It!

Click here to listen to blog.

This is what you must write to the angel of the church in Philadelphia:
I am the one who is holy and true, and I have the keys that belonged to David.  When I open a door, no one can close it. And when I close a door, no one can open it. Listen to what I say.

I know everything you have done. And I have placed before you an open door no one can close. You were not very strong, but you obeyed my message and did not deny you are my followers.

Revelation 3:7-8

When Jesus opens a door no one can close it and when Jesus closes a door no one can open it. So many followers of Jesus stand in front of a closed door hoping the Lord will change His mind and open a door that He has shut. Others stand before an open door hoping the Lord will shut that door so they will not have to walk through it!

Are you standing in front of an open door that Jesus has opened for you trying to get the courage to step into a new place? Or are you standing in front of a door that He has shut dreaming about what it would be like if He let you walk in that way?

The doors that Jesus opens cannot be shut - and the doors that Jesus closes cannot be opened. So if a door closes in your face that you thought Jesus had opened, according to this scripture it was not a door opened by God!

Don't stand there trying to re-open a door that God has closed. You won't be able to do it, if it was shut by Jesus!

If a door is open before you and you are not sure that it is an open door of God, then pull on it and see if you can shut that door. If you can close it, then it was not one of the doors that "no man can close."

But when you are sure it is a door that was opened by Jesus, it is time to step across the threshold of that door and enter the next place God wants you to be!

"Lord, help me to know the way You want me to go and the door You want me to walk through. And thank You Lord for directing my steps by opening and shutting the doors in my life! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment