Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Special Name for You!

Click here to listen to blog.

Jesus decided to ask some of his disciples to go up on a mountain with him, and they went. Then he chose twelve of them to be his apostles, so they could be with him. He also wanted to send them out to preach and to force out demons. Simon was one of the twelve, and Jesus named him Peter. There were also James and John, the two sons of Zebedee. Jesus called them Boanerges, which means “Thunderbolts.”  Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus were also apostles. The others were Simon, known as the Eager One,  and Judas Iscariot, who later betrayed Jesus.

Mark 3:13-19

When my children were small I had nicknames for them all. If I were to tell you what the names were you would think me silly and my children would be embarrassed and upset at their father. A nickname is a term of endearment and is often used between a man and woman who are "in love."

Jesus had nicknames for at least some of His disciples. Peter's real name was Simon and Jesus called James and John "Sons of Thunder."

When you are quiet and alone with Jesus does He have a special name just for you? Is there a word that when you hear it you think of Jesus and it reminds you of being alone with Him?

Or has it been a long time since you were with the Lord in a secret place? Maybe you have never been alone with Jesus. The secret place is where you will hear His special name for you!

"Lord, teach me how to be alone with You and help me to listen to every Word You say with the sole desire of being obedient to it. And Lord, call me anything You like, but call me! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment