Thursday, November 29, 2012

Focus of His Love!

But I will sing about

your strength, my God,

and I will celebrate

because of your love.

You are my fortress,

my place of protection

in times of trouble.

I will sing your praises!

You are my mighty fortress,

and you love me.

Psalm 59:16-17

Two little boys may be caught in a heated argument about whose father is stronger and which one is the better father.  Although he may not argue about it any more it is natural for a grown man to believe that his father was the "best father in the world."  It is good and right to believe that about your father because the REAL FATHER  of every man is God and deserves praise far beyond our ability to give it.

When you love someone the focus of your life is never far from that person.  When you love God, you are constantly seeking to please Him more than anything else.  But here is the shocking and mind bending truth.  God loves you!  You heard me right.  The Creator of all that there is, including you, loves you!

The focus of God's existence is never far from you.  Jesus desires to be with you forever and has done everything needed to make that possible.  

"Lord, I am stunned by the fact that You love me.  Your love is better than anything else in this world, or in the next.  To be loved by You is awesome and amazing and the beginning of a journey through Eternity that I cannot begin to fathom.  Thank You Jesus!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment