Tuesday, November 13, 2012

In the Tomb With Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

Don't you know that all who share in Christ Jesus by being baptized also share in his death?  When we were baptized, we died and were buried with Christ. We were baptized, so we would live a new life, as Christ was raised to life by the glory of God the Father.

If we shared in Jesus' death by being baptized, we will be raised to life with him.

Romans 6:3-5

What is Christian baptism?  For centuries believers have agreed and disagreed, discussed and even argued over this simple command.  The command is simple but the reality of this act of obedience is beyond our ability to grasp.  

Unless I have missed something, the Bible does not say that baptism is symbolic.  These verses say that when we were baptized we were buried with Christ.  How can that be?  I certainly don't know but I know what the Bible says and I have chosen to believe it.

When I choose to be baptized in response to the command of Jesus, I am stepping in to the tomb with Jesus!  I choose death with Christ over life with the world.  Then comes the Resurrection and I am there when it happens.  

"Lord, show me more of what You have done for me.  And hold me close as the Day approaches when we will be together forever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment