Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Revenge or Revival?

Click here to listen to blog

Then Joshua told the people:

Worship the LORD, obey him, and always be faithful. Get rid of the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived on the other side of the Euphrates River and in Egypt. But if you don't want to worship the LORD, then choose here and now! Will you worship the same idols your ancestors did? Or since you're living on land that once belonged to the Amorites, maybe you'll worship their gods. I won't. My family and I are going to worship and obey the LORD!

Joshua 24:14-15

When a nation clearly chooses not to follow God, but to go the way of the flesh and the way of self indulgence rather than restraint it is a sad day, but not one without hope.

When the culture and the elected leaders of a country draw the people to God it is a good thing, but not a permanent one. When I am righteous because everyone else around me is righteous I am just a leaf in the wind. But when I am touched by the Holy Spirit of God and filled to become like Jesus then I am reformed in a total transformation process! That is what we all need!

Remember, an election really only reveals the character of a nation, but a Revival changes it forever!

"Lord, pour Your Revival Fire on this land and may it burn all the chaff of our rebellion and foolishness. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment