Saturday, November 24, 2012

Why Jesus Came!

When Christ came into the world, he said to God, “Sacrifices and offerings are not what you want, but you have given me my body.

No, you are not pleased with animal sacrifices and offerings for sin.”

Then Christ said, “And so, my God, I have come to do what you want, as the Scriptures say.”

Hebrews 10:5-7

God's plan for Jesus on this earth was carefully crafted by God Himself and predicted by the Old Testament prophets. Every day and in every situation of that day Jesus made choices that were consistent with the Will of God!

Jesus came to earth to do what God wanted done! He had no other purpose.

When you come to God and pray do you ask that He bend His Will so it will fit snugly into your own plans? Is your prayer focused on gathering and experiencing as many blessings as possible? Do you occasionally stumble across the Will of God for your life and find it inconvenient and even troublesome? If you answer yes to those questions you are simply being more honest than most.

The truly liberated Christian is the one who comes to Jesus and makes no claim on his own life, peace and security, and pleasure. You see, you were created to do what God wants. That is your purpose in life and that is the only thing that will truly make you happy.

"Lord, I confess that I am clinging to my own blessings and comfort instead of trusting You completely for everything. Take my heart today and help me to do only what You want done in Jesus Name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment