Thursday, February 14, 2013

Judgment

Click here to listen to blog

You look forward to the day

when the Lord comes to judge.

But you are in for trouble!

It won't be a time of sunshine;

all will be darkness.

You will run from a lion,

only to meet a bear.

You will escape to your house,

rest your hand on the wall,

and be bitten by a snake.

The day when the Lord judges

will be dark, very dark,

without a ray of light.

Amos 5:18-20

I'm sure someone on the Titanic that fateful night realized what a foolish mistake the pilot of that ship had made and thought "he is getting just what he deserves." Then at some point the real truth came upon them all. "We are all getting what he deserves!" When judgment comes on a nation everyone suffers, even those who do not deserve it.

If you believe God's judgment will come on your nation because of its unrighteousness, you may be right, but don't rejoice. When God's judgment sweeps across a land like a flood it can take away the righteous with the wicked. That's why, in the book of Revelation God's people are encouraged to get out of Babylon!

I remember a road sign when I was a boy that someone put up, I suppose randomly, but I saw many of them. It said "Prepare to Meet Your God!" Really this is the most important message for every man and woman on earth. Be ready for the return of Jesus. Get your heart right with God, so that when the flood comes you will be ready to be swept into His presence to be there forever!

"Lord show me today how to be ready today for whatever may come. Make my heart into one that longs for Your return not Your judgment. But give me the strength to stand firm as I wait for what this day may bring. Thank You Jesus. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment