Sunday, February 3, 2013

Know the Father!

Click here to listen to blog

My Father has given me everything, and he is the only one who knows the Son. The only one who truly knows the Father is the Son. But the Son wants to tell others about the Father, so they can know him too.

If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.  Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.

Matthew 11:27-30

The easy yoke and the light burden Jesus is speaking of can catch our attention and divert us from the truth in verse 27.

The Father is the only one who knows the Son and the only one who knows the Father is the Son. Then comes the cosmic shifting declaration. Jesus wants to tell others about the Father so they can know Him too!

Jesus wants to bring you into a knowledge of and relationship with God that can be had in no other way. The fellowship of the Father and Son is incomparable, there is no other relationship like it in all of the universe. No one has ever or could ever break into that amazing unity between Father and Son. But Jesus is inviting you to know God like He knows God!

It is a glorious mystery and a story which has no end! In one second of ultimate fellowship with the Father you will experience more joy and peace and love than you would in a thousand life times here on earth! And yet that fellowship begins here and goes on forever!

"Lord Jesus, tell me about the Father so I can know Him too. I want to hang on every Word You say and fill my mind only with thoughts about Him. I want to be totally caught up in knowing God so that when I am caught up to Heaven the change will be where I am, not what I am doing! May I praise God forever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment