Saturday, February 16, 2013

Peace Controls You!

Click here to listen to blog

Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad. Always be gentle with others. The Lord will soon be here.  Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.  Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.

Philippians 4:4-8

There are many things in this world that can control the way you think and feel. Many substance addictions directly manipulate your mind set and the sensations you have of the world around you.

You can also be addicted to a pattern of thinking and the deeds that come from those thoughts.

Fear itself can control your mind and heart and put you through daily turmoil as you wait for something bad to slam into your life. Closely related to fear is worry. Fear may be for only a moment, but worry goes on and on and festers in your heart.

But God says we should pray instead of worrying and be thankful as we offer up our requests to the Father! Then He will give you the peace that no one can completely understand. And that peace will control the way you think and feel.

So when you are controlled by the peace of God you can keep your mind on whatever is "true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper." Then your thoughts can focus on things that are "truly worthwhile and worthy of praise."

As a follower of Jesus Christ, the choice is mine. I can be controlled by anything other than the Peace of God and I will indeed be miserable. I will worry and fret about everything in life and be constantly troubled over even the small problems.

Or, I can pray about everything and thankfully ask God to intervene in everything that concerns me. Then His peace will arrive like a soft spring rain and soak me with His love. I will be so blessed by His touch that Satan himself cannot trouble my heart!

"Lord Jesus, You know every troubling word that has come to steal my peace. I bring all those worries and fears and lay them at Your feet. And I thank You Lord that no problem given to You cannot be resolved and no puzzle put before You cannot be solved! I confess Lord that my responsibility is to trust You in everything and keep my mind on those things that are truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. And Lord, may I praise You forever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment