Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Let Jesus Touch Your Eyes

Click here to listen to blog

As Jesus was leaving that place, two blind men began following him and shouting, “Son of David, have pity on us!”

After Jesus had gone indoors, the two blind men came up to him. He asked them, “Do you believe I can make you well?”

“Yes, Lord,” they answered.

Jesus touched their eyes and said, “Because of your faith, you will be healed.”  They were able to see, and Jesus strictly warned them not to tell anyone about him.  But they left and talked about him to everyone in that part of the country.

Matthew 9:27-31

When you finally come to the point of knowing that you are blind what can you do? Until you know that there is such a thing as sight, blindness is just the way you are and not something that would bother you, really at all.

The two men in this story were both blind and they knew it quite well. I suppose we all seek the fellowship of those who are afflicted with the same issues we experience. But two blind men would really be of no help to each other, except to console one another in their misery.

Every man, woman and child on earth was born blind, and by nature they do not know that there is such a thing as spiritual sight. They stumble around in life until one day someone tells them the Good News of Jesus Christ and they catch a brief glimpse of what it would be like to see the light!

Then Jesus says, "Do you believe I can make you well?" If you answer "Yes, Lord" Jesus will touch the eyes of your heart and you will see Jesus and the Glory of an Eternity with Him.

"Lord, touch my eyes and let me see beyond this world of sin and death. Touch my eyes Lord and flood my heart with the Light that comes only from Heaven, so I can sing "I once was blind, but now I see!" Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment