Saturday, February 9, 2013

When I Sin!

Click here to listen to blog

My enemies, don't be glad

because of my troubles!

I may have fallen,

but I will get up;

I may be sitting in the dark,

but the Lord is my light.

I have sinned against the Lord.

And so I must endure his anger,

until he comes to my defense.

But I know that I will see him

making things right for me

and leading me to the light.

Micah 7:8-9

I once met a group of Christians who taught that after you come to Jesus sin will never be present in your life. The problem with such a teaching is that we all know our own sin and so if we embraced the theology Christians never sin we would suffer under the delusion that everyone else is living a perfect life. The frustration and guilt must be enormous.

Will you stumble and fall after beginning your walk with Jesus? Of course you will! If you say that you never sin, then you are a liar and of course that is a sin! The question is not "What to do if you sin?" It is rather, "What to do when you sin?"

All day long you are tempted and enticed by the world and every operative Satan has to sin. You are continually bombarded with taunts from the enemy. Let down your guard for one second and you will act in an ungodly way, say an unloving word or even think an improper thought. If your eternal standing before God depends on you walking perfectly, then you will be the most unhappy of all believers!

The good news is "I may have fallen, but I will get up; I may be sitting in the dark, but the Lord is my light." Here is the amazing part of the good news. When I sin against God, I must endure His anger, but He will Himself come to my defense.

God will make things right for me and lead me to the light!

"Lord, I "hate the sin that so easily besets me" and I ask You Lord to strengthen me by the power of Your Spirit that I may never again stumble over that stone. But Lord, when I do, please come to my defense and lead me back to the light. Lord only You can make things right for me! May Your name be praised forever and ever! Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment