Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tell Me More Lord!

Click here to listen to blog

Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created. Good Father, the people of this world don't know you. But I know you, and my followers know that you sent me.  I told them what you are like, and I will tell them even more. Then the love you have for me will become part of them, and I will be one with them.

John 17:24-26

How can you tell someone what God is like? It is a little like one tiny ant trying to describe an elephant to another ant. We can touch the awesome and overwhelming presence of God and never grasp the fullness of His being.

But Jesus tells us what God is like and His description is accurate to the smallest detail. God is like Jesus and Jesus is like God! When you read the accounts of the life of Jesus Christ, you are seeing God in the flesh. Without knowing Jesus you cannot know God. It is only by faith in Jesus that you can come to God.

Jesus made an astonishing statement when He said, "I told them what You are like, and I will tell them even more." How can there be more to tell than what God is like? These words are like a pin hole in a fence through which you can see a ray of light from Eternity! The "More" than what God is like must include the Heavenly realities that never come to our minds except by revelation of Jesus!

"Lord I cannot think of many things at the same time, so fill my mind with thoughts of what God is like and with the "More" that Jesus was talking about. Pour into my mind a continual stream of Heavenly visions so that I have no time for this world or the sin that covers the earth like a flood. As I sit quietly now Lord, show me something "More." Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment