Friday, May 31, 2013

Cling to Jesus!

Click here to listen to blog

But I will sing about

your strength, my God,

and I will celebrate

because of your love.

You are my fortress,

my place of protection

in times of trouble.

I will sing your praises!

You are my mighty fortress,

and you love me.

Psalm 59:16-17

When tragedy strikes your life do you run away from God or do you run to Him? Satan says, "God let you down. You can't depend on Him." And many step off of the path they had been walking with Jesus because of a terrible time that descended upon them. They blame God for the trouble and begin a life based on the pitiable state of being angry with God.

When difficulties come instead of running away from God, run to Him! Grab hold of God and immerse yourself in His Word. Hang on every verse and embrace every thought that comes from Scripture.

Never try to "understand" the difficulties you have. How can a fish understand the ocean, or a bird the sky. The cosmic reality of which you are a part is too vast for any human to grasp. The mystery of life itself which God authored and sustains is something to know when we get to Heaven, if even then.

Now is the time to cling to Jesus, celebrate because of His love, and praise His Name!

"Lord, I choose You in time of trouble. I come to You in my pain and sorrow. I grab hold of You when I am suffering. I trust You to be all I need when tragedy strikes my life. And Jesus I praise You today and forever. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment