Friday, May 10, 2013

God’s Mosaic Work of Art

Click here to listen to blog

The Lord says:

“My thoughts and my ways

are not like yours.

 

Just as the heavens

are higher than the earth,

my thoughts and my ways

are higher than yours.

 

“Rain and snow fall from the sky.

But they don't return

without watering the earth

that produces seeds to plant

and grain to eat.

 

That's how it is with my words.

They don't return to me

without doing everything

I send them to do.”

Isaiah 55:8-11

The Words of God are not just an informational source of Spiritual Truth! When God speaks a Word that Word begins a journey to accomplish the things that God intends for it to do.

Being obedient to the Word of God means that you are part of God's intent for the Word that He spoke and preserved in the Bible.

When I obey the Word of God then I become one piece of God's mosaic work of art. A mosaic is a picture made of many tiny pieces put together to make a beautiful picture. The picture of what God is doing in the world includes me when I follow Jesus.
Sometimes we desire to be a large part of God's picture when God has called us to only be one small and faithful part of the mosaic.Imagine a large and beautiful mosaic work of art with one piece missing. No one may notice your piece of God's mosaic when you are standing faithfully with Him. But everyone would notice if your piece was taken off of the picture.

God's mosaic is a living work of art and your piece is renewed every time you respond obediently to the Word of God.

"Lord Jesus help me today to see how important is my tiny piece of Your picture. May Your Word accomplish in me today what You have intended for it to do. And may Your Name be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment